Wednesday 20 March 2019

Long Weekend Destination :Dapoli-Ladhaghar-Harnai-Anjarle-Kelshi


2019 is full of long weekends so whats in your mind.

Planning Goa again...........?

Or Alibaug ?

Kashid ?

No guys not again ......

Here is the list of not very popular places which you can explore to enjoy beautiful landscapes, delicious local food, mouth watering Alphonso and virgin beaches. 
Do plan your long weekends in Dapoli and explore Ade, Kelshi, Ladhgar,  Harne and Anjarle.   
Check this photo Itinerary to make your travel plan perfect.
Dapoli is situated Approximately 5 -6 hrs driving distance both from Mumbai and Pune and falls under Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra, India. 
In Fern Samali

Ratnagiri is famous for its Mangoes , greenery and beaches and as many as times you visit this beautiful coastline you will discover something new about this beautiful place. 
You can visit this place in any season and  I am sure in every season it will be the visual treat for you and for your camera. As you can visit this place in any season, try to avoid in late June to early August as heavy rains may spoil your plans, similarly if you are travelling in late April and month of May be prepared for harsh sun and protect yourself properly.
I decided to explore this place in the month of May and started my journey from Navi Mumbai...........
Day 1
I drove down and in approximately 4-5 hours I reached Dapoli. After reaching there I  checked-in in the hotel named The Fern Samali Resort and spent rest of my day at leisure. 

In Fern Samali
Fern Samali, one of the finest hotel in Dapoli  is situated on  a small hillock. Fern Samali is equipped with huge campus, well maintained garden, beautifully crafted rooms , play zone, spa and great hospitality.  I stayed here for 3 nights and made it the base for my complete trip . I strongly recommend this hotel for your stay.

In Fern Samali
In Fern Samali



Day-2

Next day I  started exploring near by beaches and places and first in the list was Ladhghar beach which is situated approximately 7 km from the resort. Ladhghar is a good beach but more important is a beautiful old temple known as "Tamas Tirth" situated on the beach. It will surely take you in the history. 
After that I proceeded to Parshuram Bhumi , a big meditation dome dedicated to Lord Parshuram. As according to locals Konkan was formed when Lord Parshuram fought with the sea and  moved the sea 50-60 km back to reveal the land of Konkan. Here you can get the spectacular view of sea. 

Tamas Tirth
My Kiddo collecting Kokum Fruit
( A Famous fruit of Konkan)
Parshuram Bhumi

A Spectacular View from Parshuram Bhumi

I clicked some snaps, enjoyed the flora and fauna and then decided to take some rest in my beautiful hotel as it was already 1 O'clock and in month of summer noon temperature goes up to 40-45 C.
After a quick afternoon nap at around 4 O'clock I decided to explore another beach known as Karde. I also enjoyed the beautiful Sun -Set at Karde beach. 

Karde Beach
Karde Beach
Day-3

Next day I proceeded to Harnai , famous  for it's fish market  with this also spotted the Suvarna Durg Fort.


Later in the evening I visited keshavraj mandir ( Temple) . A beautiful temple situated on lush green hill. At the end of the second day I was feeling so close to the nature. .......................

Day-4
Fourth day I proceeded to the most scenic road of Maharashtra , which goes parallel to huge coastline known as Anjarle - Aade Road . First I proceeded to Anjarle and then drove through huge coastline till Ade. With this I also visited a  temple known as Kadyawarli Shri Ganpati Mandir which is very famous among locals.

Anjarle-Ade Road
Anjarle-Ade Road
Anjarle-Ade Road

               And after a long drive finally I reached to one more small village known as Kelshi. 



As my trip was ending my camera was full of some beautiful pictures of this mesmerizing land.

Day-5 

After breakfast, I checked out from my hotel in Dapoli and reached back to my home with full of memories.

So guys why are you waiting, plan your long weekends soon................

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fern Samali Resort is one of the best resorts in Dapoli, Maharashtra near Murud Beach having 38 rooms & cottages, banquet halls & dining facilities. Top Pet Friendly Luxury Weekend Resorts near Mumbai, Pune & Ratnagiri.

    ReplyDelete

Xplore More: My Popular Post