Tuesday 30 July 2019

Jam Gate a Hidden Gem

I always feel sudden  travel discoveries are more beautiful than planned one. Same happened with me when I visited this beautiful view point known as "Jam Gate", situated approximately    30 K.m.   from Mhow. Actually here I should thank M P Tourism's efforts, I came to know about this place from one of their twitter post and as I was travelling in this part I decided to explore this point . 
This place is situated approximately  55 K.m from Indore and most important part of this journey is excellent roads..........which will make your journey much more pleasurable. 


Way to Jam Gate
After approximately of one hour twenty minutes journey a beautiful historic gate welcomed me. This structure is situated on top of the Mhow -Ankaleshwar road. It is said that during old times Ahilya Bai Holkar use to pass this gate. Geographically is the boundary/gateway of Malwa plateau.

Front View of Jam Gate
Inside the Architecture 

View from top of Jam Gate
Then I climbed up to see the breath taking views of valley and in this rainy season it was spectacular.....I hope with my lenses you can experience the beauty of this place.

View from top of Jam Gate
View from top of Jam Gate
View from top of Jam Gate


Other side of Jam Gate

View from top of Jam Gate

View from top of Jam Gate
View from top of Jam Gate
View from top of Jam Gate

View from top of Jam Gate
Cool breeze and Sun playing hide and seek with clouds made my experience more memorable and only one thing was missing some Chai and yummy food ..........do not worry if you are lucky you may get some options like Pakode , Moong Daal Pakode ( Fried snacks) , Corn and Chai ( Tea).
I had yummy local delicacy 'Moong Daal ke Pakode'.


So If you are passing through this route or staying some where close to this place do plan a Monsoon trip.......

How to travel : It is situated approximately 30 km from Mhow and 55 km from Indore ( In Madhya Pradesh) so best way to reach this place is by your own vehicle.


Time Required: 4-5 hours ( From Indore) 

Best Time to Visit: During monsoon ( Late July- September) or during sunset.

Some Tips - Drive carefully and avoid taking selfies on risky locations.

3 comments:

  1. taxi in jaipur for rajasthan tour Rajasthan Cab is a leading car rental service in Jaipur which provides the best and affordable taxi services. We offer local taxi and outstation cab booking in Jaipur as Rajasthan Taxi. Call us on +919694757093

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing location! Truly a gem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving so much of Information. Hire the best private taxi service in Jaipur with maharani cab jaipur local cab service in jaipur

    ReplyDelete

Xplore More: My Popular Post