Wednesday 5 December 2018

My Cultural Journey Through " A South Indian Wedding".....: A Photo Blog


Travelling is not just about reaching the destination or seeing the places .....its knowing the people , knowing the culture and feeling the fragrance of that place.

I am a north Indian girl......born and brought up in a typical north Indian culture. I have seen various north Indian rituals since my childhood so visiting a south Indian wedding was a cultural journey for me. Being an Indian I was feeling like a foreigner in my own country. But at the end I was proud of being an Indian , a land of such a diverse and rich culture.......So some glimpses of my cultural journey. 



                          Mandapam " A Sacred Place Where All The Rituals Takes Place"



                The Preparation " Applying Heena is an Integral Part of All the Hindu Marriages"


 



                                             The Tiffin " A Typical South Indian Breakfast"






Filter Coffee" To Give you a Kick 





                                            Rituals: A Promise to Tie Together Life Time





                  Blessings " To Fill the Couples's Life with Golden Colors and Fragrance




Simple but Nutritious Meal 

     




                                                          Yakshagana " Folk Dance

Happily Every After ............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Xplore More: My Popular Post