Friday 31 August 2018

Historical Hyderabad

I was never very keen to visit this place even after easy accessiblity from Mumbai. In-fact I visited this place earlier too for a paper presentation but at the time I did not get a chance to explore this city, rather did not try. But finally we made our plans to visit this place for a small family holiday in scorching May summer.
I packed my bags and reached the airport to board my plane. Hyderabad is very well connected by air, road and rail transport so you can choose any method according to your budget, time and availability. So after boarding flight in one hour I was in Hyderabad. First day I decided to to explore this city and started my journey with identity of Hyderabad known as "Charminar". A beautiful architecture situated middle of the city was giving evidences of rich Indian history. As this place is situated in main market, it is very famous for shopping among locals and tourists . I was surprised to see the beauty of this old architecture, still standing tall from so many centuries and representing the city across the globe. With this beautiful architecture glittering colours of bangles and mouth watering smell of street food was attracting me and I could not stopped myself from buying lot of stuffs and tasting the local cuisines such as  Khari , nan-khatai.

"Charminar"


Next was Nehru Zoological Park Hyderabad , surprisingly a huge park with lots of animals. Its quite huge so we used battery operated vehicle available here with nominal charges. If you have kids , include this place in your list.

"Nehru Zoological Park" 






After a tiring trip of Zoo we decided to venture a world famous shop known as "Karachi Bakery". Once we entered the shop smell of freshly baked biscuits welcomed us and we ended trying almost 10-15 types of biscuits and cookies. As were trying more biscuits , we were getting more confused in deciding which ones are better. Finally we picked up few boxes and moved to our hotel to relax which was necessary in scorching summer of Hyderabad. Evening was much better with comparatively less temperature and drive through Hussain Sagar lake made it more pleasant and we reached to our next and most famous food destination of Hyderabad known as "Paradise Biryani " . Well a hotel dedicated specially for Biryani with huge sitting arrangements was an extra ordinary experience and above all Mirch ka Salan with the Biryani was cheery on the Top. So if you are planning to visit Hyderabad do not miss this place. 
Next day I decided to visit one more landmark of India as well as Bollywood , known as "Ramoji Film City". A super huge amusement cum activity park situated little far from main city is also a must visit place if you are venturing near by.After choosing the ticket fitting my pocket I entered this beautiful world of imagination and I could recall so many movies such as Dirty Picture and Badshah . Huge ,detailed and real looking sets are worth watching. 

"Ramoji Film City"






You can find various food options here and can purchase some souvenirs too but things are little costly. With this I also enjoyed various shows, which gave me quite similar feelings of shows in Thailand and Singapore. After a wonderful one day experience of this world of imagination I decided to just go back to my hotel and relax. Please remember that parking area is pretty far from main parking area so you have to depend on their internal transfer mode so be aware about their timings as in the evening it becomes pretty crowed. 
Next and the last day I decided to explore one of the most famous museum of India known as "Salar Jung Museum" and was lucky to witness the striking of the English Bracket Clock made by Cooke and Kelvey co. at 12 o'clock which is having more than 350 parts.

"English Bracket Clock"



Other attractions of this museum include veiled Rebecca by Giovanni Maria Benzoni and Painting by Raja Ravi Verma. So if you love museums than this should be in your list.

"Veiled Rebecca"


Last but not the least was Chowmahalla Palace, a beautiful well kept property with historical significance. Here I could feel the royalties of Nijams. After that I went to shop jewelry of pearls on some local shops without which my journey to this beautiful place would not have been completed. At last I just want to say that I was so wrong about this city, it is having so many things to offer. I feel this is one of the complete package which any commercial tourist want. Combination of culture , food , modernisation and shopping.

"Chowmahalla Palace"



So till now if you have not visited this place , do plan in coming winters.
Happy Travelling :) and need any assistance drop me message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Xplore More: My Popular Post